Monday 10 April 2023

Day 10 - Angels Before Man

 Inspired by the wonderful writing of Rafael Nicolas. lines taken from page 198 of 'Angels Before Man'.

And, if prompted, I would stand with you in a room
filled with our reflections - to admire the artistry 
of your body. I want to claim it for my own;
'I want you to see how we are two halves of a single sun'.

We could twist and burn in the lusting space of 
night in these rooms we rattle through like ghosts while
'being embraced by the simmering heat of Michael's muscles'
to hear the cadence of your voice whispering my name;

Like a hymn, like a prayer, like an exultation before god 
and yours - held in the chantry of my mouth like
a miracle as we move in circles, floating in each other's gaze;
'Eyes dazed with lingering drunkenness'.

Here, in this moment, this could be something revolutionary;
as we press our lips together - this could be religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30 - Ending

 The cat with the mouse in its mouth is just passing through. Past the mourners, veiled and shuffling through a rhythm only known in grief. ...