Friday 7 April 2023

Day 7 - Confessions

Inspired by 'Eat Your Young' by Hozier

I confess I want to drink wine from your collar bone; taste the ripe, plush cabernet of your lips as my name echoes from your throat like a hymn - make the intimacy sound like scripture in this moment. I confess the tangle of fingers through hair, I confess the frisson and solution - the burning of friction. The way in which we collide; warring with the red brick and tarmac, bruising the cities of our bodies coming undone as we lose ourselves to the rhythm of our breaths - growing ragged, rabid, raging and ready to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30 - Ending

 The cat with the mouse in its mouth is just passing through. Past the mourners, veiled and shuffling through a rhythm only known in grief. ...