Thursday 13 April 2023

Napowrimo Day 13

 Hello and apologies this upload is late. It has been a day of it. Now lets get into some poetry. One from the main site is quite substantial again so we will put that last.

Lucky Dip:
Scream

My Prompt: 
This one was used last year but I loved it so it is making a return for 2023. Haggard Hawks is a twitter account renowned for bringing odd, weird and wonderful words that often go unused into the light. Today, I would like you to have a little look through their account and pick a word. That word will form the title of your piece. Then see what follows from there!

Official Prompt:

tart by taking a look at these three short poems by Bill Knott.

Dear Advice Columnist

I recently killed my father
And will soon marry my mother;
My question is
Should his side of the family be invited to the wedding?

To X

You’re like a scissors
popsicle I don’t know
whether to jump back
or lick

Quickie

Poetry
is
like
sex
on
quicksand
therefore
foreplay
should
be
kept
at
a
minimum

Now, try writing a short poem (or a few, if you’re inspired) that follows the beats of a classic joke. Emphasize the interplay between the form of the poem – such as the line breaks – and the punchline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30 - Ending

 The cat with the mouse in its mouth is just passing through. Past the mourners, veiled and shuffling through a rhythm only known in grief. ...