Sunday 30 April 2023

Napowrimo Day 30

 So we come to it at last - the final prompts of the month. I definitely found this more difficult than last year but it has been a lot of fun. I hope everyone has gotten something out of the prompts and I look forward to next year's challenge. Without further ado, here are the last prompts for Napowrimo 2023:

Official Prompt:
 Today, I’d like to challenge you to write a palinode – a poem in which you retract a view or sentiment expressed in an earlier poem. For example, you might pick a poem you drafted earlier in the month and write a poem that contradicts or troubles it. This could be an interesting way to start working on a series of related poems. Alternatively, you could play around with the idea of a palinode by writing a poem in which the speaker says something like “I take it back” or otherwise abandons a prior position within the single poem.

My Prompt:
“Not with a bang, but with a whimper.” Or so the famous Eliot quote goes. As we wrap another month of prompts, I want you to consider endings. Maybe start the poem with your favourite ending line from another piece. Lucky Dip: Celebrate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30 - Ending

 The cat with the mouse in its mouth is just passing through. Past the mourners, veiled and shuffling through a rhythm only known in grief. ...