Wednesday 5 April 2023

Napowrimo Day 6

Today's "official" prompt:
Take a look around Poetry International for a poem in a language you don’t know. Such as this one in Finnish by Olli Heikkonen. Now, read the poem to yourself, thinking about the sound and shape of the words, and the degree to which they remind you of words in your own language. Use those correspondences as the basis for a new poem.

My prompt:
I promise I am trying not to put such a heavy focus on forms but I really wanted to put this one in as I found it a little intriguing. So this form does and doesn't rhyme. It comprises three stanzas, all with a rhyming scheme of a-b-c-d-e. So each individual stanza doesn't rhyme but they rhyme with each other, which is quite neat! Lucky Dip prompt: Juniper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30 - Ending

 The cat with the mouse in its mouth is just passing through. Past the mourners, veiled and shuffling through a rhythm only known in grief. ...