Thursday 1 December 2022

Prompt Advent Calendar - Day 2

 Day 2 - Rispetsnow

Now, welcome to a Winter Writing Challenge. It is time to contend with a form I discovered in October and have become rather taken with - the Rispetto. It is an eight line form, consisting of two stanzas with 11 syllables in each line and ABABCCDD rhyme scheme. I often forgo the rhyme so feel free to do the same. Oh and try to centre the piece around snow!

Somehow, I even managed to obey the rhyme structure this time around.

Longing

They are hanging mistletoe in every hall,

Scents of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and pine.

I stand waiting, watching the early snowfall;

Eager to feel the silk of your lips on mine.


And stood, looking out at a similar sky; 

You whisper my name like a lullaby.

Staring at pregnant clouds, lingering to see 

the snow descend and feel closer to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30 - Ending

 The cat with the mouse in its mouth is just passing through. Past the mourners, veiled and shuffling through a rhythm only known in grief. ...