Tuesday 14 December 2021

Happiness

 After the other day's post where I may have been a little gushing about the guy I have started talking to, a mutual follower and, I would like to think, friend on Twitter made a post about what happiness is and it got me thinking, as these things usually do. What are the things that make me happy?

Obviously, I made one of them quite clear already but, while on my break at work, I decided to write out some of the things that grant me a few moments of bliss:

A Litany of Happiness In Small Doses

Scalding hot tea
small sweetness against
bleak winter morning.

Touch of rain
against skin as anthracite
sky erupts above.

The scent of citrus
and sandalwood.

His lips, soft 
and searching 
against mine.

Fingers interlaced
as if seeking to shelter 
from the chill.

Hot mulled cider 
sat beside a bonfire;
cinnamon and smoke.

Luminescence of stars 
to wonder at while
sat at water's edge.

Warmth of his body,
pressed to me in the 
quiet, witching hours.

Hiss and spark of a lighter.

Smoothness of cut 
amethyst, rolled between 
thumb and forefinger.

Eyes bright and full as 
we lie together - peaceful 
and still as the moon.

The way he whispers 
in his sleep - an aria that 
no one else knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30 - Ending

 The cat with the mouse in its mouth is just passing through. Past the mourners, veiled and shuffling through a rhythm only known in grief. ...