Sunday 24 April 2022

Day 24 - Rain

Day 24 and we are keeping it dead simple...ish. Today is one from the lucky dip of prompts and it came up with "Rain" so here we go:

Rain
The night aches out in front of us as clouds roll in, dropping low and ominous in the sky; a god furrowing their brow as we walk barefoot on the beach. We feel the first drops on the backs of our necks, turnign to each other to smile as the cascade begins. I brush hair out of your face, tuck the wet strands behind your ear. Your hands at my waist, holding me like a porcelain vase - delicate, caring. I place my palms against your jaw; a vessel of wine gifted. I guide your lips to mine to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30 - Ending

 The cat with the mouse in its mouth is just passing through. Past the mourners, veiled and shuffling through a rhythm only known in grief. ...